Image Courtesy of Colyn Thomas
The Arch was originally no mere ornament. Complete with gates it formed part of the deer proof barrier around what was one of the parks most notable features the famous Zig Zag gardens. It is a fine example of the recycling of building materials, which was so common in past times when structures were mainly made of stone. This fine Arch once stood in High Street, Storehouse. where it housed one of the Town Gates. It was dismantled and repositioned in its present position in 1770.
| <<Prev | Return | Next >> |