Image Courtesy of Colyn Thomas
Millbrook 1887. Note the Mill Pond and Brickworks at Pottery which was owned by the Devonshire brick Company - Situated to the North of and behind Trefuses Terrace at Pottery the works were first used for the production of bricks in the late 1800’s and continued to do so until 1914 when it was taken over the Western Counties Brick Co Ltd who used it until 1935. Clay obtained from the quarry behind the complex was taken on small gauge railway system to the works, and also to the Brickworks at FOSS. These works sported the tallest chimney of 164 ft
| <<Prev | Return | Next >> |